- Transport in Safari Land Cruiser or Safari Mini Bus
- All Vehicles are Equipped with a pop up Sun-Roof and Sliding Widows
- Accommodation at Luxury Lodges or Luxury Tented Camps
- Accommodation is on full board basis (Lunch on Day 1 to Lunch on the last Day)
- All National Park and National Reserve Entrance Fees
- Mineral Drinking Water, 1 litre per person per day
- Arrival Airport Transfer
The Aberdare mountain range is one of Africa’s flagship conservation areas. Its natural value lies in its plentiful water resources, abundant forests, and endemic biodiversity. Aberdare National Park is world renowned for its high concentration of mega fauna, which in turn has made it a prime target for conservation and ecotourism activities. Estimates suggest that the Aberdare range harbors over 50 mammal species, 270 species of birds, and over 770 species of vascular plants. The Aberdare Forest Reserve is located to the east of the Great Rift Valley and is a 3 hour drive from Nairobi. The Forest Reserve is situated within Central Kenya conoredby four (4) Counties. Rare animal sightings in the aberdare include those of the African golden cat and the bongo.
There are three ‘tree hotels’ in the vicinity of Nyeri about 160 km North of Nairobi. Treetops and the Ark are in the forests of the Aberdare mountains and Mountain Lodge is on the slopes of Mt. Kenya.
- HOME The drive passes the small industrial town of Thika surrounded by extensive pineapple plantations. After crossing the Tana River, source of some of Kenya’s hydro power, the landscape changes and becomes more lush as you climb into the rich farmlands of the Kikuyu people.
- Lunch is taken at the Outspan Hotel in Nyeri, in the case of visitors to Treetops and Mountain Lodge and at the Aberdare Country Club in the case of The Ark. In the afternoon proceed to your tree hotel where a procession of forest animals and several bird species visits the floodlit water holes and salt licks. Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Giraffe, Giant Forest Hog, Hyena and many other species are commonly seen.
- After a leisurely breakfast depart for the base hotel. Drive back to Nairobi arriving at around mid day.
- This Package can be combined with a 2 nights safari to Samburu National Reserve and / or 1 night Package to SweetWaters Tented Camp in Ol’Pajeta Conservancy
- Personal spending money for drinks, gratuities, and personal expenditure.
- Small suitcase or rucksack with personal effects.
- Sturdy safari clothes, jeans, T-shirts, shorts, sandals, and good walking shoes
- flashlight, small towel, insect repellent, insect spray
- Binoculars, Camera, Memory Cards, and batteries for the duration of the safari
- Balloon Safari Masai Mara – USD 425 per person inclusive of bush breakfast.