- 07.30 hrs : Transfer from your hotel to our office for a full safari briefing. Depart from Nairobi via the Great Rift Valley for Masai Mara Game Reserve arriving at your lodge in time for a hot lunch.
- 15.00 hrs : Proceed for a game drive in search of Black-Maned lion, elephants, leopard, cheetah, buffalo and other plains game. Return to the Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Maasai Mara is a large game reserve in Narok County, Kenya. It is home to the big five and also famous for the annual migration of the wildebeest. It covers an area of about 531m2 on the southern part of Kenya.
This park is named in honor of the Maasai people (the ancestral inhabitants of the area). Their description of the area when looked at from afar: “Mara,” which is Maasai language for “spotted,” an apt description for the circles of trees, scrubs, savanna, and cloud shadows that marking the area. The terrain of the reserve is primarily grassland with seasonal river lets.
- 06.30 hrs : Early to rise early to spot. This is one of the best game drives of the day. After a hot cup of Chai (Tea) or Kahawa (coffee) head into the park for our first game drive of the day.The cool early morning weather is excellent for spotting Lion, Leopard, Cheetah and Hyena. Return to the lodge for breakfast.
- 10.30 hrs : After breakfast head back into the park. This game drive is great to see Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo and other plains game. Return to the lodge for hot lunch.
- 15.30 hrs : Full Afternoon game drive. On every game drive we will try and explore a different part of the park. After
watching the beautiful Mara Sunset head back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- 08.00 hrs : After breakfast, proceed on a FULL DAY Game drive with picnic Lunch and also visit the Hippo Pool (Mara River). Here you can come out of the vehicle and sit on the rocks and view the hippos and crocodiles in the river. You can also go for a short walk with a warden. Return to your lodge for Dinner and Overnight.
- 07.30 hrs : After breakfast, leave Masai Mara for Lake Nakuru National Park arriving at your lodge in time for a hot lunch.
- 15.30 hrs : After lunch, proceed for a game drive round Lake Nakuru to view the RHINOS, flamingos, waterbuck, buffaloes etc.
The flamingos at Lake Nakuru are often described as “The World’s Greatest Bird Spectacle.”
After bird and game viewing. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
- 07.00 hrs : After breakfast, leave via the Thompson’s Falls for Samburu Game Reserve arriving at your lodge in time for lunch. After Lunch take a short nap or spend the afternoon lazing by the swimming pool.
- 15.30 hrs : Proceed for a game drive in search of the elusive leopard, lions, long necked graceful Gerenuk, Gravy’s zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Oryx and other plains game. Dinner and overnight at the Samburu Sopa or similar lodge
- 06.30 hrs : Game drive, breakfast at the lodge.
- 10.00 hrs : Game drive. Lunch at the lodge.
- 15.30 hrs : Afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at lodge
Common wildlife spotting in Samburu include, the Gerenuk ( Impala Giraffe) , Grevy zebra, Beisa Oryx, Somalian Ostrich and Reticulated Giraffe, lions, buffalos, elephants leopard, Cheetah, both Striped Hyena and Spotted Hyena. Samburu is also home to some of the largest crocodiles found in Kenya. Occasionally park permitting, game drives can also be done in Shaba and Buffalo Springs National Park